Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

why don't you love me - or the video!

There are a lot of people giving out about this at the moment. People are outraged at the over sexualised behaviour and outfits apparently. Boo. I'm all for women who feel they don't have to sell their bodies to sell their records. But I also love the 1950's vintage vibe to this record.
I'm sorry but, there is a lot worse out there. Xtina for example??? Futuristic bondage? so I think this is the lesser of many evils out there. I agree with some of the commentary though that it can be a bit full on in places. But taking it at simple fashion face value - it's cute.
I must admit that I never saw the appeal with Beyonce before. I found her, yes beautiful but not my thing. Not really that quirky or different. I like girls with a bit of edge to them. Which I always found Beyonce to lack. I am not doubting for one minute that the girl can sing - just her music really is not my thing.
With the 1950's vibe roaring on through winter as one of the major trends to watch, I found myself more drawn to the make-up and hair styling of the video. Given that 50's updos always look amazing. However I myself am moving out of the 40/50s vibe and into a 70s punk one at the moment. Which is odd having rocked the 50s look for as long as i can remember!
But do check out the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqIgqJEH-og

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar