Sunday Greetings dear friends & readers!
Thank You All So Much for your lovely positive comments on my Sewing Room Revamp last week.
And a Very Large Welcome to my new followers!
And a Very Large Welcome to my new followers!
Feeling so inspired about my freshened-up Sewing Room I actually sent my Sewing Machine & Overlocker away for
a long-overdue service.
But I have not been idle friends ...... it was a good opportunity to undertake a couple of small upcycle projects
a long-overdue service.
But I have not been idle friends ...... it was a good opportunity to undertake a couple of small upcycle projects
This sweet cane basket was tucked away in my sleepout - it had been gifted to me by my dear friend Claire a couple of years ago but I had done nothing with it.
I gave it a good scrub & a dry in the hot summer sun - it came up beautifully 💗
I gave it a good scrub & a dry in the hot summer sun - it came up beautifully 💗
| There were 6 coasters altogether so I stitched 1 of each colour on each side |
I had purchased these crochet coasters a few years ago at a Craft Fair but never used them ...... I considered them far too lovely for The Mr to plonk his cup of tea on !! 😉
I carefully stitched them to each side of my basket.
I carefully stitched them to each side of my basket.
Then I padded the base & lined it with a pretty Tilda Fabric, before adding a tin tag & some voile ribbon
As I have begun knitting dishcloths again this month, it is just perfect for storing my patterns, needles & dishcloth cotton, & can be carted around with me.
Last year I purchased this large oval frame from the Hospice shop, shoved it under our bed & promptly forgot about it!
The frame had a mirror inside which was broken so I removed this along with the backing board.
You can see from the right hand pic, there was a small chunk of the decorative wood missing so I carefully filled this with some polyfilla & did my best to try to sculpt it somewhat!
You can see from the right hand pic, there was a small chunk of the decorative wood missing so I carefully filled this with some polyfilla & did my best to try to sculpt it somewhat!
![]() |
| (The colour is showing up much lighter in this photo than it actually was) |
I am delighted with my new green colour ... it was a new testpot from Newtons Paints called Country Green ...
I LoVe it 💚
I stapled a length of string across the back & hung some old family photos from it
It still seemed a bit bare so I dug out these letters I had purchased from the Variety Store when I got the letters for Sid's Suitcase... buy one, get one free so the 2 letters cost me $1.00 !
They were a yucky dull brown so I painted them both & then scuffed them with my sandpaper
I am delighted with my new/old upcycled frame
(by the way - for those that are wondering about the "G" - the Mr's name is Graham)
Each day I have been trying to spend some time outdoors & tame the wilderness that is my garden.
In a particularly messy area, I uncovered these two items, long blown off the deck into the undergrowth.
(by the way - for those that are wondering about the "G" - the Mr's name is Graham)
Each day I have been trying to spend some time outdoors & tame the wilderness that is my garden.
In a particularly messy area, I uncovered these two items, long blown off the deck into the undergrowth.
I scrubbed the terracotta dish to get it clean & carefully washed the cloche, removing the colony of spiders that had taken up residence in its wires.
I used a pale grey Chalky Chic paint for the dish (2 coats)
I used a pale grey Chalky Chic paint for the dish (2 coats)
I found these two vintage enamel mugs in my cupboard so made up a soy candle in one, then popped a baby houseplant in the other
| No the nests did NOT come with the eggs in, they are fake, as is the fake bird pinned to the side! |
These two birdnests were found in the garden also so it seemed perfect that I make up a little vignette with them all.
I had originally planned to paint the wire cloche but it looked pretty enough with some fairy lights wound around it.
Last week, on Trademe - I sat up late & won an auction for a vintage aluminium egg poacher for the total sum of $6.00!
The Mr assured me there would be "no other fool sitting up that late bidding on a crusty old thing like that" ... but I wasn't taking any chances !!
I had originally planned to paint the wire cloche but it looked pretty enough with some fairy lights wound around it.
Last week, on Trademe - I sat up late & won an auction for a vintage aluminium egg poacher for the total sum of $6.00!
The Mr assured me there would be "no other fool sitting up that late bidding on a crusty old thing like that" ... but I wasn't taking any chances !!
I had been feeding chooks for my neighbours again & getting lovely freshly laid eggs daily.
Oh the Joy to poach myself an egg with golden yellow yokes & enjoy it with my homegrown cherry tomatoes & basil ... my favourite dish.
Last night I found this old wire frame under my house & used it to hold up the lillies that were threatening to topple over in my garden
Each night when I water the garden the scent from them is intoxicating . . . tho' I know not everyone likes the scent,
I adore it!
Well dear friends, thanks so much for your visits today,
I am off to the cool of the dining room fan to work on a felt rabbit I have been handstitching.
While I have been at the computer Blackie has beenflattening it giving it's legs a little press for me!! 😊
I hope the coming week is good & kind to you all,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x
I adore it!
Well dear friends, thanks so much for your visits today,
I am off to the cool of the dining room fan to work on a felt rabbit I have been handstitching.
While I have been at the computer Blackie has been
I hope the coming week is good & kind to you all,
With much love & friendship,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x













0 Yorumlar