
~
Welcome ~
Come on into my blog home & let's get caught up on our weekends.
I hope your first official weekend of Fall 2009 was a good one.I started mine off by purchasing a new wreath for the front door. I have been looking for one for awhile now and ended up finding this one at Tuesday Morning. I haven't been there in a long time, but after seeing it mentioned in a few blogs I decided to pay them a visit. It turned out to be a good move :-)
When I was outside hanging the wreath, I noticed a box on the front porch. Inside the box was this beautiful afghan. Recently I received an e-mail with the title "A surprise for you". It was from Karen at Life is GoodShe wrote to tell me that she had made me an afghan as a surprise and if I would provide my address she would send it to me. This was such a sweet surprise and it has touched me so much to think she would do this for me.
Knitting is a skill that I do not possess, so I really admire people who do have those talents ~ like Karen. As you can see I spent some of my weekend moving the afghan around my family room. I can't believe how perfectly it matches my home decor. I am already getting excited to think how well it will go with the blue and white Christmas theme I use in my family room. Why I can hardly wait until I can make a mug of hot chocolate, put on a good Christmas movie and snuggle up under this gorgeous afghan. I might never get out from under it as it is so soft. Thank you so much, Karen. I sincerely appreciate your kindness.
Well, it was hard to have anything but a good weekend after receiving such a wonderful surprise. Even though it rained all day Saturday and the sun never came out, I was happy to stay indoors and put a few fall touches in the kitchen.
I have an apple pie recipe that I am anxious to try. I think I will have to put that on my to do list for the near future. 
The gloomy weather put me in the mood for soup. I couldn't make any on Saturday as we were invited to a neighborhood Oktoberfest party. It was put on by a German neighbor. He planned very well and had many tents put up outside. A very good thing as it rained the entire time. This was the first time I have been to Oktoberfest and it was a lot of fun despite the rain.
I recently found these salt & pepper shakers at the thrift shop. I thought they went well with Susan Branch's Autumn book. I have noticed that this book is a popular one among the bloggers.
I bought this jar at my favorite little shop in Blowing Rock, NC several years ago. I enjoy changing it out for the seasons. Here some small gourds and a cranberry candle make it a nice centerpiece for the kitchen table.
Well, that's a little glimpse into my weekend. Now, let me hear about yours.
0 Yorumlar