Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bitter winds blow

Today we awoke to a blanket of snow
and not to a particularly warm blanket
accompanied with a bitter wind.

Drifts up to our knees in parts of the garden.
Somehow
having a coat of powdery white
makes the mundane
see extraordinarily beautiful
Seed heads 
become otherworldly.
Other garden paraphenalia
become coated
appear hawkish
feel raw
overcome.

I knew this second icy blast was on her way
but still...
she is bitter,
sending a chilling howl around the house
and down the chimney.


In defiance - we went out
and despite floundering in the hip-height drifts
and feeling the icy-bite to our cheeks,
we have returned
feeling rejuvenated,
buoyant
and ready for a mug of tea and Shetland oat biscuits.



Welcome to my new followers - thank you for visiting my part of the blogisphere, it good to see you here. 

I have had a couple of emails asking me if I am ok as I don't seem to blog as regularly or as much as before, thank you for your kind concerns, I do feel to be busy at the moment but must let you know that I am also active elsewhere on the tintersphere.
I can be found here kjsutcliffe artist (which is my FB art page) and TAM - trawden artist makers, a community art page I do. 
My own page is for my art and studio plus updates and photos from the markets and fayres I attend and the TAM page is about a collaborative of artists and what we get up to - I would love to see you over there :)  I also have an art blog,  but like this one it has been a little neglected, something I will rectify once I have caught up with all the arty things I have to complete before the next art market I am participating in.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar