Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ski Trip Update

Well, we're all still in one piece. (Oops, jinxed it haven't I?) My eyelids are back to normal although it's so dry up here I swear the wrinkles have positively doubled.

On the skiing front - I'm doing all blacks this year as the 7 year old has progressed to that and won't ski blues any more. (There are no red runs in the US. You just have to take your luck as a blue skiier and hope that you don't find yourself on a really hard one.) He did three black mogul runs with the Ball & Chain the other day, but woke up so sore and achey that he hasn't asked to go on them again. That'll teach him for getting too big for his boots!

This is me and him sliding backwards, hence dodgy stances.  I've just realised how tall he looks. I'm 5'7" and he's 7. He's up to my shoulder, although he has the helmet on. Blimey!


I don't do moguls. I have dodgy, crumbling knee (that's a medical term) which basically means if I bend to take a mogul I can't always straighten up again. That, and the fact that I'm crap at moguls anyway. Where's the fun in them?

We haven't seen much of the Man-Child as he's made it his life's ambition not to reveal that he is our child. He walks ten steps ahead of us in the airport, keeps his head down when we're out at dinner and snowboards on his own or sometimes with the Queenager who's a pretty ace skiier. I wouldn't care but we're all wearing helmets so no one would really know that it was him out with us dorks. Grrr.

Anyway, today we are having a bit of a snow blizzard and I hate skiing in it. Apart from the fact that it's wet and cold, the snowflakes coming at you as they do, from the side, actually start to sting after a while. The B&C has taken Little Guy swimming, and the teens have gone out in the blizz. I have warned them, on pain of death, to stick together. That means that they will stick together if they want to do the same runs. They're not likely to come to much harm as there are tons of ski patrol people and hardly any skiiers this week, but the Man-Child insists on taking short cuts through trees then forgetting that he's 6'3" and often taller than the branches!

I am still in my jim-jams with a ten page paper to write for my writing class on Monday and no topic in mind.

Better get started hadn't I?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar