Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Takeaway night

Friday night takeaway night on the cheap! I hardly dare make this post after listening to the news tonight about the scandalous findings of horsemeat in reputable food companies ready meals and burgers.  These curries are one of the very few "ready meals" we buy from time to time and only  when they are greatly reduced in price, not only is it an easy meal but its a treat too.


You always get plenty and its very tasty and made from 100% chicken breast (I think! Who knows?

)
 Quick to cook, just 15 minutes in the poppity ping and we have our takeaway for 2 for £3.75.
 Normally our meals are made from scratch using fresh ingredients and when available local organic vegetables grown by my lovely friends Tracy and Graham. So I never feel guilty at having the odd ready meal.

 Over the last few years I have slipped back into buying meat from the supermarkets with just the odd occasion buying from this butchers A.W. Bacon & Sons in Retford.  

When the kids were at home I always bought my meat in bulk from this butchers each month and was never disappointed with the quality. In January we set ourselves a challenge to keep away from the main supermarkets for a while  and to use up food we already have in stock. Tonight we have made the decision to start buying meat from this butchers again and also to cut back on the amount of meat we are eating, not only will this be better for our budget but much better for our health.

Tomorrow nights meal will be home cooked Roast Pork with jacket potato and salad :-)

Thank you for popping by

Karen xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar