I love adding pops of applique through my stitcheries.
In fact that's what I love most about this year's BOM "Gentle Domesticity"! All my favourite scraps of fabric are finding themselves a pretty place to show off...
I don't throw away any fabric cut-offs that are 2" square or larger, but store them in two plastic containers which become treasure troves of sweetness, perfect for applique or making hexies.
Over the weekend I began two new designs for The Stitchery Club in September. The theme next month is "Picking Flowers" and most of the stitcheries will feature applique. Want to see?
A floral orphan charm square became a hooded cloak, whilst narrow strips of aqua gingham and pink roses married as a trim and peek-a-boo dress...
The next day I gathered larger pieces of fabric, two teal and two pink.
When creating a design which will be displayed in a larger project it's time to dig into my fat eighths or fat quarters...
Yesterday and today I've spent time completing these two sweet patterns.
"She Picks Flowers"
"The Flower Thieves"
I love the gentleness in these two designs, made prettier with applique.
If you've not tried applique before I have a couple of tutorials that may help you get started, here ...
and here.
I'll even give you a free pattern to practice with!
Download the "Bird on Bloom" pattern here in my shop as a practice gift from me to you.
Bless you heaps!











0 Yorumlar