Much like when I did my Disappointing Products of 2018 post for Blogmas last year, there really isn't that many products to talk about but you can bet that there are a few products which have made this list. In some cases I had high hopes for how they would perform and for others, I just simply didn't expect them to be that bad.
Lush Christmas Range
The first item isn't one singular product, instead it is an entire range that has let me down and it is the Lush Christmas Range. I have always been a fan of Lush and I have been using their products for over 10 years now but the Winter collection has always been my favourite. Every year I do a massive haul to get me through the year because I prefer it so much more in comparison to their regular products. However, this year I feel different about it.Over the years I have seen my favourite Christmas products come and go, some of them staying for a few years but ultimately they all go to the Lush grave, until this year where all of my favourite are gone. The Lush Christmas line up looks completely different to how I would expect it to, plus Snow Fairy seems to have taken over which I detest.
Gone are the warming, spicy scents I like and in come the fresher, more cirtusy or woody scents which I am not a fan of. I want scents like Cinders and Snowcake not these new ones which all smell the same.
I went in store during October to see the collection and I left with nothing. It wasn't until I was in Essex and I found Rudolph and Santa's Grotto that I realised Lush hadn't completely lost all sense. Having smelt all that the range had to offer, these were the only two I liked which seems crazy, considering I have been known to spend £70 on a Lush Winter haul. Well not this year!
I don't want to say that I think Lush are losing their touch but unfortunately it would seem that way. All I can hope is that next year they bring back some of the spicy, more classically Winter scents.
Becca Cosmetics - Glow Letters
To think I was going to pay full price for these Glow Letters, thank god I didn't! I had been eyeing these up on Cult Beauty as I thought the entire Becca x Khloe Kardiashan and Malika BFF collab looked beautiful. I watched an Instagram video where someone used these and they looked stunning, they even crushed up one of the letters and used it over their body but I just did not get these sort of results.
I have tried using these in many ways: I have used a brush, my finger and I've used the letters themselves to try and apply the product to my cheek bones but just none of it looked good. I think Becca have the best highlight formula but this product just doesn't live up to this. Having these in a product lineup next to Champagne Pop is just wrong and Champagne Pop deserves better.
The 'Glow Letters' come in three different shades and three different shapes. The shades range from gold to a golden bronze and they all look lovely together. However these aren't that pigmented and they are actually quite glittery, and when I say glittery, I mean chunks of glitter. I did not like anything about the finish of the product.
Not only did I not like the product itself but I also did not like the packaging. I also bought the Face Palette when I bought the Glow Letters and the palette feels so luxury whereas the Glow Letters come in a cardboard package and it feels really cheap. Considering these are £15 full price, the packaging and the quality of the product does not align with this price. As I bought these in T K Maxx, they only cost me £7.99 which is a much better price but I am still a bit bitter that I even spent £7.99 on it. If you see these, I do not recommend buying them, even in T K Maxx.
I have tried using these in many ways: I have used a brush, my finger and I've used the letters themselves to try and apply the product to my cheek bones but just none of it looked good. I think Becca have the best highlight formula but this product just doesn't live up to this. Having these in a product lineup next to Champagne Pop is just wrong and Champagne Pop deserves better.
The 'Glow Letters' come in three different shades and three different shapes. The shades range from gold to a golden bronze and they all look lovely together. However these aren't that pigmented and they are actually quite glittery, and when I say glittery, I mean chunks of glitter. I did not like anything about the finish of the product.
Not only did I not like the product itself but I also did not like the packaging. I also bought the Face Palette when I bought the Glow Letters and the palette feels so luxury whereas the Glow Letters come in a cardboard package and it feels really cheap. Considering these are £15 full price, the packaging and the quality of the product does not align with this price. As I bought these in T K Maxx, they only cost me £7.99 which is a much better price but I am still a bit bitter that I even spent £7.99 on it. If you see these, I do not recommend buying them, even in T K Maxx.
Beauty Bay - Gelee Highlight
I do not get many product requests on my blog so when I do get one, I make sure I do it. One of my friends mentioned that she wouldn't mind seeing a review on some of the Beauty Bay products so when they had a discount I picked up a couple of products to test.Two of the products I loved, one I hated and one I think is unusable which is the Gelee Glow Highlight. Even though I didn't like one of the other product you can use it but this highlight I really struggle with. I don't know if it is just the shade that I really dislike or whether it is the formula but I am pretty sure I just don't like it full stop.
Firstly I take offence that they called this a Gelee because it isn't, it is a very thick mousse. I expected this product to be like the Rimmel Gelee Highlights or the Inc.redible ones but they aren't, they are thick and hard to actually get out of the pot. It is so thick that you just can't pick it up with your finger, nor a brush. The formula honestly really baffles me.
Then we get to the shade. There are 6 different shades of this highlight and I don't know if I just picked a duff shade but I hate this one. Online I thought this looked like a soft pink shade and it is called Marshmallow Moonlight so I wondered how bold this could be but it is an iridescent pink. I did not expect something called Marshmallow Moonlight to be an almost neon pink! It seems wrong. I think this could have been forgiven if there was another pigment which is equally as bold but there really isn't. If this pink had been embedded within a softer pink I think that would have been fine but a softer pink does not translate on the skin.
The only thing I don't mind about this product is the packaging but even that I am not that fussed on. This isn't an overly expensive product, I only paid just over £3 for it but it wasn't worth the money and I honestly think this product sucks!
Revolution - Conceal and Hydrate Concealer
I fully expected for there to be more Revolution products in this post. I started out the year with a very negative opinion of the brand but after testing some of their products for a week during April I found out that the brand is not the devil I thought it was. However, that does not mean that all of the products were winners.The product I didn't like launched later in the year and I don't think I have really spoken about it on my blog as I simply have not had the time but now is as perfect time to let my feelings be known. I hate the Conceal & Hydrate Concealer.
I started off by using the Conceal & Define Concealer which I really liked and continuously purchased but when Revolution launched the Hydrate version I wanted to know if it was different, and it is. When you first go to apply this product, you don't think there is a massive difference other than that the hydrate version is a bit looser but there is a massive difference in the finish.
I never thought there could be a massive difference between concealers and to be honest I didn't really think it mattered because I apply my foundation over the top anyway but this concealer makes such a difference. I don't know if it is because this is a hydrating product but it makes me so oily throughout the day. It looks fine when I first apply it but when it has had time to settle it just makes me oily and gross. I always set my T-Zone because that is where I get the most oily and even using powder doesn't stop this from becoming a oily mess.
I am currently still using this because I do not want to be wasteful but I cannot wait to finish this concealer and I will be going back to the Define version which is slightly more matte. I do also have the Conceal and Hydrate Foundation but I am yet to try it as this concealer has genuinely put me off trying it.
If you have tried the foundation or the concealer please let me know what you think as I would be super interested to know if you have the same opinion as me.
Glamglow - Instamud
The final product was one that I ticked off my Beauty Wishlist early doors. I managed to get this in the post Christmas sales last year for £20 after I had been wanting to try it for a long time. I had never tried a product like the Glamglow Instamud before so I didn't really know what to expect but what I got was not what I wanted.I had seen a couple of reviews on this and everyone seemed to like it but no one seemed wowed by it and now I know why. This is supposed to be a quick 60 second mask that sorts out your pores and your impurities. I just never knew when you used this product. I just do not have the time to be using something like this in the morning, even if you are only using it for 60 seconds. It is 60 seconds I do not have spare in the morning.
Then you apply it but one pump does not go a long way and by the time you have gone in with your next load of mask, the bit you have already applied is already bubbling up so you are just removing the best bit. It also makes the product hard to work with and means that you just don't get a good coverage on your face. It is fine saying you need to apply it quicker but hun, I'm not Usian Bolt, I can't do it.
Not only is this a pain to apply but I simply do not see good results from it. The only time I have seen good results is when I have used this in the morning but it seems wrong to have cleaned out my pores and then to apply makeup over the top. This was why I thought this would be an evening product but when I use it in the evening, I wake up to lots of little spots on my face, suggesting that this has done nothing but irritate my skin.
This isn't the most expensive of the Glanglow masks and I did get it in a Christmas set in the sales so I only paid £20 for the set but this mask is not worth that. Normally it is £30 and it definitely isn't worth that! I can't recommend anyone tries but some of the other Glamglow masks are really good. I definitely recommend the Supermud!
That's it, that is all of the products I have seriously hated this year, to the point where I can't see myself using these products again, let alone buying them again. I also feel quite reassured when I do these posts because when I look back over the year, I really have not tried that many products I do not like. Either the beauty community has stepped up its game and they simply can't afford to bring out a bad product, or I am just easy to please.
I do try to do a lot of research before buying a product and as I have been using different products for so long now, I sort of have an idea of what I am going to like anyway. I would be really interested to know if you have tried any products that you really haven't liked this year, let me know of any in the comments!
You might also like:
|
|
|
|
|










0 Yorumlar