
As most of you know, I'm a sucker for the art of Ramona Fradon. So, it's no surprise I'm a fan of her work on Metamorpho. Metamorpho is a rarity in DC's Silver Age, a hero with unwanted powers. Originally a dashing soldier of fortune, Rex Mason, Metamorpho gained his powers after finding a bizarre artifact "The Orb of Ra". Unfortunately, along with almost limitless power, Rex gained a shocking and hideous appearance.
Apart from the shape-changing fun, and the marginally educational inclusion of the names of various elements and chemical compounds as plot elements (no pun intended) this series delivered something unexpected- ROMANCE.
The main thrust of the series' plot is a bizarre love quadrangle- Rex Mason loves Sapphire Stagg. Sapphire loves Rex. Rex works for Sapphire's father, Simon Stagg. Simon Stagg's henchman- a surgically enhanced caveman named Java- loves Sapphire and hates Rex. Simon Stagg loves power and hates Rex for interfering with his hold over Sapphire... Basically it's a recipe for tension and tragedy that opens the door to lots of good story.
I hope you all enjoy part one of "The Junk Yard of Doom". I know I did.








0 Yorumlar