Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Never Get A Baby Monitor

So I started to watch The Baby's Room (2006) yesterday. Just as I got it started, I remembered I had to pay on a loan. I went and got that done, only to be given shit that I shouldn't have been using my dad's checking account, even though my name was on it before he passed away. Then I wanted to cancel my dad's cell phone, which my phone was on, so I went to get a new phone and plan for myself. That took a lot longer than I ever expected it to, so by the time I got home and was actually able to get the movie in, I didn't have a whole lot of time to write up a review. So much for not having anything to do on a Monday. I had things to do today as well, but they didn't take near as long as I thought they would. I should get another review in before Friday, and then I am hoping to have some new things to talk about.

Juan (Javier Gutiérrez) and Sonia (Leonor Watling) have recently moved into their dream home. The house, which they got cheap, needs some work, but they are willing to do what it takes to get it the way they want it. They also have a baby boy to take care of. Juan's sister gives them one of those baby things that lets you hear your baby, they decide to use it even though it is old. That night they can hear their baby laughing, and then what sounds like someone breathing. Juan figures it is just static until he hears a voice. They rush to the room, but find no one. The next day Juan buys an updated version of a baby monitor, one that allows you to see your baby, as well as hear it. Things go well that night until Juan wakes up and sees someone sitting next to the baby. Again he finds no one in the room though. Juan soon begins to think there is a ghost in his house, but he couldn't be more wrong.

La habitación del niño was directed by Álex de la Iglesia. The Baby's Room starts off with some kids playing around the house that we eventually see Juan and his family in. The kids are playing hide-and-seek when one goes into the boarded up house in order to hide. He sees his reflection in a puddle of water, sees himself next to him, and then gets pulled into the water somehow. Next we see a wet kid running down the sidewalk with the girl that was supposed to find everyone yelling after him. Many years later, like when the kid in now an old woman years later, The story that we follow starts up. The Baby's Room has a somewhat interesting start, and it can get creepy as Juan sees things on the monitor that isn't apparently there. At times it is like he is seeing into the past. The house looks fully restored, and the people he sees look like they are wearing older style clothing. Once the story starts to fill us in on what is really happening to Juan, it wasn't as interesting any more. I don't think it was because the story went in a different direction than I had wanted it to. I might have been a little disappointed by that, but I was still willing to go with it. Actually, I wasn't the only person to feel this way. While some did like the direction it went in, which the start of the movie is a big hint for, there were many that didn't care for it. The ending also left something to be desired. In a way it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Not much for special effects. There is a scene that gets pretty bloody when someone gets stabbed in the neck though. I felt the acting was just okay this time around. Even though I did like both of the lead actors, I wasn't as impressed with them as I have been with other actors in this set of movies. I did wish that Leonor Watling was in this one more than she was. She just sort of disappears in the middle of the movie for a while. I makes sense for the way the plot handles it, but I think it would have been better if she was still around.

The characters in The Baby's Room could be a little frustrating at times. Sometimes they take to long to believe in something, and then sometimes it felt like they were being too quick to believe. The Baby's Room is a good movie, I actually enjoyed it a lot, but it could have been better I think. The switch in plot, even though it isn't really a switch, could have been interesting. It is a good movie, and one I suggest being watched, I just wish it had stuck with more of a ghost story, but I do tend to like those kind of stories more. Take that for what it is worth.
3 out of 5 Should have killed the little brat

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar