Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Menopause: Pledge to Have the Second Talk With Poise



Did my title grab your attention? I hope it did, and that you will stay with me to read what I have to say, and agree to "Pledge to Have The Second Talk with Poise," and also to have a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card! Menopause is an important topic for all women, especially those over the age of forty. I think all women remember their "first talk" with a trusted adult about the changes they could expect in their bodies at puberty. Not long after the above photo that was taken at my ten-year-old birthday party (I am the skinny girl, top middle with the cat eye glasses) I went through puberty and began menstruation for the first time. It was a monumental event that I was totally unprepared for.
I had my first period while I was away for a sleepover at my best friend Ruth's house on Long Island. She had moved away that year, and we missed each other very much, as best friends do, so her parents had picked me up so we could spend the weekend together. I was confused and scared to wake up and see what was happening to me, but luckily Ruth had already begun to menstruate the year before and told me it was my period. Ruth's mother very kindly and gently gave me all the supplies I needed and told me how to use them. She then told me to call my mother and tell her what happened, and between Ruth's mother and mine, I learned all I needed to know about menstruation at that time. It was my "first talk," and one I'll never forget!



Flash forward forty-four years, and I completed menopause, the normal time in a woman's life when her periods (menstruation) eventually stop and the body goes through changes that no longer allow her to get pregnant. It is a natural event that normally occurs in women age 45 - 55. For around ten years before, when my ovaries began to stop their production of estrogen and progesterone, I felt the usual menopausal symptoms of night sweats, racing heartbeat, hot flashes, occasional insomnia, joint aches and pains and even the beginning of some forgetfulness. Except for an occasional conversation with a friend, where we would agree that having hot flashes could be rough, I hardly ever spoke about what I was going through with other women. There were no formal "second talks," not even from my gynecologist, about what to expect or how to address symptoms. As a registered nurse, I knew my menopausal symptoms were normal and expected, but my experience made me realize that women going through menopause could feel alone, confused, and anxious about their symptoms.

That is why I agree with the Poise brand that women should be better prepared for what to expect in menopause and how to manage their symptoms. Poise brand wants to help women approach this stage of life with confidence, by being the first to start The 2nd Talk, a whole new way to talk about menopause and other wellness issues for women over 40.


Poise brand has also designed five new, first-of-its-kind line of over-the-counter menopause products designed to work naturally with a woman's body and provide comfort during menopause and address hot flashes, vaginal odor, and dryness.

Although my menopausal symptoms are now not as severe as they once were, I know I will enjoy using the Body Cooling Towelettes which offers instant cooling and refreshment when I experience a hot flash. All I will have to do is gently wipe the towelette on my wrists, chest, or neck to feel cool and comfortable. Featuring a portable, re-sealable package, these towelettes are easy to use anywhere I go.

The Roll-On Cooling Gel is another new product that would easily fit into my pocket when I am on the go, to help me feel comfortable and refreshed when a hot flash strikes. All I'll have to do is squeeze the tube and gently roll the cooling gel on my wrists, chest, or neck for a cooling sensation that lasts up to 10 minutes. These new Poise products will definitely help me feel more comfortable and confident.
To launch this first generation of female products, Poise brand is creating the revolutionary idea to host The 2nd Talk, a conversation led by Poise between moms, sisters, experts, and friends. Poise brand wants to rally 1 million women to pledge to have The 2nd Talk by World Menopause Day on October 18. By joining the conversation, women will gain more menopause knowledge, support, and better solutions to help make this life stage better for generations to come!
Won't you take the time right now to make the pledge to join the conversation at The2ndTalk.com? Then come back to my blog and be entered for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card by leaving a comment below that answers this question: "When do you feel most confident?"

Contest closed

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar